April Snow Showers.
We interrupt spring to bring you this wintry weather.
Those roads are deceptively slick.
|This morning's commute.|
I hope the driver is ok.
But alas, spring is in the hair!
|Misty is itchy and shedding like crazy.|
- Continue dressage lessons
- Get Gel-One injection into my injured knee
- Go for a trail ride (first one since my accident)
- Wash and whiten Misty's tail
- Exercise 4 days a week
March 2015 recap:
- Rode when the weather and my work scheduled allowed. March was cold and snowy.
- Continued my dressage lessons; worked on walk/trot transitions, body position, seat and leg aids, and rein usage; got to get rid of that annoying counter-bend I get us into from time to time. We are improving, but I can still get Misty and myself twisted like a pretzel.
- Misty and I camped at the Jefferson Country Fairgrounds and attended a western dressage clinic on fundamental skills. We had some big spooks inside the indoor arena when the sound system picked up some interference and the speaker made loud static/hissing noises. All the horses spooked. After the 3rd spook, I dismounted and took Misty out of the arena. As you can imagine, my fear adrenaline was running high due to last year's trail accident. My legs turned to rubber. They changed the channel on the speaker and I waited 15 minutes to make sure the problem was fixed and then I rejoined the group and rode the rest of the day. It was a good experience. Always good to get Misty out and about and we bond on these little trips.
|Relaxing at the fairgrounds.|
Do ya think our hobby is just a little risky?