Juliette is a talented artist and equestrienne with a very kind heart. She admirably works to retrain retired racehorses so they may be adopted into forever homes. Read all about her foster Thoroughbreds and life with horses on her blog. You will also be delighted by her unique and colorful artwork. Visit Juliette at Honeysuckle Faire.
The Honest Scrap award comes with a few fun rules that recipients must follow.
- Recognize your award presenter and link back to their blog in your post.
- List 10 honest things about yourself.
- Present this award to 10 admirable bloggers and link to their blogs.
- Leave a comment on your recipients' blogs to let them know to visit your post to retrieve their award.
- Remember that classic western TV show "Bonanza" about the Cartwright men living on the Ponderosa ranch? When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up and become Mrs. Little Joe Cartwright. I was so in love with Little Joe that my dad surprised me one day and took me to a rodeo where Michael Landon (Little Joe actor) was performing. I was dumbfounded when Michael Landon entered the arena in a blaze of fake gunfire while pretending to shoot himself in the foot. This wasn't the Little Joe of my dreams! And his hair was different and he wasn't riding Cochise, his trademark black and white Paint horse. That was my first in a long string of romantic disappointments.
- I consider myself a woman who likes to cook. But since this is honest scrap, I must admit that I like to collect cookbooks and read recipes more than I actually like to cook.
- I love black licorice. Most people I know hate black licorice which means I don't have to share mine.
- I have an autograph from Sean Connery the actor. My dad got it for me when he sat next to him on an airplane. It was scribbled on the back of an envelope, so I asked my dad to take it to work and have his secretary type it up neatly on a clean piece of paper so I could frame it. Ok...so I wasn't the brightest kid.
- I'm a good citizen and faithfully return my shopping cart to the store entrance or to the nearest buggy corral. I never abandon my cart in the parking lot where it might run loose and beat up helpless parked cars.
- When traveling long distance in a car I must have Doritos with me. It is not an enjoyable road trip unless I can snack on Doritos while driving.
- My favorite color is green.
- Avocados are my favorite fruit. Bananas are my 2nd favorite, but they have to be just ripe and I have about a 12 hour window to eat one before I consider it too ripe.
- I once rode a camel in Egypt.
- I love to knit. This year I hope to finish the 2nd sock in a pair I began knitting more than 2 years ago. But honestly, I do love to knit.