Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Love Lucy

Jenny at Saturday Centus says "good things come in fives."  She challenges us to write a story in 5 sentences of 5 words each, for a total of 25 words.

I almost didn't play because I've been too busy to think this week.  But I awoke this morning at 5am (on my vacation day!) with this little rhyme brewing in my head.

Darling please feed the horses.
Will you feed them now?
Darling please feed the chickens,
But never mind the cow.
She's dining with the sows.


Read about Lucy the calf,  and another confused farm critter, in their post: A Goat Named Pig.

Thank you Rachel at Vermillion Farms, for giving me permission to post this photo of Lucy and her dining companions.  Good things do indeed come in fives.

Jenny Matlock

8 comments:

  1. I love it! I'd say your mind is in perfect working order this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how some things pop into our heads like that? I love your little poem and the link to Vermillion Farms was fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! The poem and the cow, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cute little ditty. What a fun post!

    It is stuck in my head like a nursery rhyme now!

    Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete