Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Horse Trailer of My Own

Wahoo! Yipee! Hip Hip Hooray! Today I picked up my brand new horse trailer! A Titan Avalanche, 7'6" tall, 2 horse slant with front tack room and swing out saddle rack. The manufacturer moved the tack room wall forward to give my full-bodied girl more room in the front stall. That's my old pickup truck, purchased used for this very purpose. It's a '94 F250 XLT, turbo diesel, 4x4. An oldie but a goodie.



This is a BIG deal to me. When I showed in my earlier years, I boarded at a hunter/jumper stable and my trainer hauled my horses for me. Renewing my passion and "getting back in the saddle" means I need transportation to clinics and training and lessons and trails. This is my first ever horse trailer...and my first time pulling a horse trailer!

A couple of curious onlookers below. I hope this means they are looking forward to taking a ride. Not for awhile though. First I'll put on some miles with the trailer empty.



Oh, oh. What's that thing doing here? Does this mean our life of leisure is coming to an end?

No comments:

Post a Comment