Monday, July 6, 2009

Misty's Monday Muse - Monsters!

There were monsters in our neighborhood last Saturday evening, on the 4th of July!

MyLady accuses me of seeing invisible monsters sometimes, but these were real. Marley saw them too.

These fiery creatures kept rising from our neighbor's driveway, making loud crackling & hissing noises. They would grow large, then fly away in a big puff of smoke.

Marley and I were trying to eat our dinner inside the barn, but the monsters kept disturbing our dining pleasure. We had to keep leaving our meal to investigate the danger.


"What's going on Misty? Is it time to run?"

You know it's scary when it draws the gluttonous pony away from his food.


I kept a close eye on the monsters, in between bites of hay, to make sure they didn't come our way. After all, I'm a mare and I take my neighborhood watch duties very seriously.

5 comments:

  1. Well thank goodness someone took the neighborhood watch seriously and no monsters got through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good watch horse...glad they didn't have to leave the fence to complete their security duties. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've said it before, and I am saying it again - I just love your blog, UnceUpon. You give me such good laughs!
    Please give a carrot both to the Gluttonous Pony and the Watch Guard from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GreyHorse, it was fun watching Misty on high alert.

    TCananaugh, yes, thank goodness they weren't compelled to go over or through any fencing.

    HOC, Aww, thanks. Carrots for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing they were just interested in the goings-on and not completely freaked out!

    I'm a firm believer in leaving the fireworks up to the professionals....and of course, my closest neighbors are not. They brought in a bunch of fireworks that are illegal for this state and I was not a happy camper about it.

    ReplyDelete