Monday, May 16, 2011

Misty's Monday Muse - Troublesome Tooth

Looks like my tooth woes are not over yet, but we have a plan.

I went back to the vet today and the Doc pulled the stash of putrid hay out of my cheek and found some new inflammation.  Something didn't smell right and it wasn't just my stinky rotten hay breath.

The Doc took some pictures of my troublesome tooth and said the root does not look healthy.   I was sneaky because I hadn't shown any signs of infection or abscess all along.

Bad Tooth - 2nd from the right.


At least now the decision is easier to make.  I will go back this week to have the remainder of my naughty tooth pulled.

Everyone is sad that my young tooth could not be saved.  But it is best to be rid of it.

 I should have flossed more often,

8 comments:

  1. Oh man. poor baby!

    I don't think I'd be happy facing that vet bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That must have been hurting. Hope it the extraction goes well and you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girl. I hate dentists but it will feel better soon. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty, you have been a brave soldier! Soon this will be behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hay, Misty... piece of cake, er... cup of wet timothy pellets! Take it from a pro - I've had 2 teeth pulled. It's not fun, but the good docs do give you lots of meds that make everything swirly and pretty. Milk it for all it's worth - mashed carrots; warm mushy food with molasses; lots of cuddles!

    Love to you,

    Pippin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor, sweet Misty. This has been a horrible ordeal - from crack to packing and re-packing to putrid hay and now this. Oh, I am thinking happy thoughts that the extraction will do the trick. You are a brave girl and deserve many treats after this - tell your mommy to spoil you up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the well wishes. Misty is at the vet now for her extraction. I will be glad when I can pick her up and bring her home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Misty. :( I hope it goes smoothly and heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete