Monday, March 30, 2009

Misty's Monday Muse

"A horse is a horse, of course of course."
(Mr. Ed Theme Song by Ray Evans & Jay Livingston)

You can call me a horse, of course.
You can call me an equine.
You can call me an
odd toed ungulate.
But don't call me late for dinner.

Honestly, I won't be offended if you call me an
odd toed ungulate. It's sort of like when Mr. OnceUpon gives Mrs. OnceUpon a hug and says, "You smell like a horse." And Mrs. OnceUpon replies, "Why, thank you!"

I'm proud to be an odd toed ungulate
which means I'm a hooved animal with an odd number of toes on each hoof.

Thankfully, I have only one toe per hoof or my farrier bill would be huge!

My taxonomy (or how those smarty pants scientists would describe a horse):

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Subclass: Theria
Infraclass: Eutheria
Order: Perissodactyla (enter the odd toed ungulates)
Family: Equidae
Genus: Equus
Species: Caballus

Please give a carrot to your horse, of course!

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind smelling like a horse either. It's actually one of my favorite smells. I hope to never miss that smell again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't mind smelling like a horse. We recently dined out and requested the corner table so no one would have to smell us. The waitress said "Horses"? To which my daughter and I replied "Of course".
    Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rising Rainbow, thanks for commenting. I agree. I love the smell of horse mixed with the sweet scent of hay and a little manure thrown in for that earthy aroma.

    Grey Horse, that's funny. Your waitress must have been a horse lover.

    ReplyDelete